ITAA Code of Ethics
As a nonprofit organization at the forefront of education, research, creative scholarship, innovation, and their global applications in the textiles, apparel, and merchandising disciplines, ITAA’s policy is to uphold the highest legal, ethical, and moral standards. Our reputation for integrity and excellence requires the careful observance of all applicable laws and regulations, as well as a scrupulous regard for the highest standards of conduct and personal integrity.
The International Textile and Apparel Association will comply with all applicable laws and regulations and expects its executive director, Council, and board to
- Conduct business of the organization in accordance with the letter and spirit of all relevant laws.
- Refrain from any illegal, dishonest, or unethical conduct.
- Govern our organization with integrity and accountability by incorporating sustainable practices – financially, philosophically, and environmentally.
- Act in a professional, transparent, businesslike manner.
- Treat others with respect.
"We believe in honor,
integrity, and dignity"
In addition, the International Textile and Apparel Association (ITAA) believes strongly that its members must uphold the highest standards of ethical, professional behavior, and to
- Act in such a manner as to promote learning and growth and enhance personal and professional honor, integrity, and dignity of the profession.
- Value diversity, inclusiveness, sensitivity, and accessibility.
- Engage in carrying out ITAA’s mission in a professional manner.
- Build alliances and collaborate with other professionals in carrying out ITAA’s mission.
- Build professional reputations on the merit of individual and collective accomplishments and refrain from competing unfairly with others.
- Hold paramount the safety, health, and welfare of the public in the performance of professional duties.
Electronic Distribution Policy. ITAA provides various services for distribution of information to its membership. The cost of this service is $150.00. ITAA will not sell its member email address list to non-member businesses for marketing purposes.